Thursday, March 31, 2022

Maybe Not Awake, But Alert

There is finally a little light!  Even though I got woke up a few times by my wife during the night, I woke up refreshed.  Although I was sleepy there was a subtle difference.  I wasn't disoriented.  I could tell my attitude was very positive as I walked out the door.  Whoop!

Today we did partner drills again, but with a slight change.  I was permanently a defender and Bill just attacked each time, instead of a back and forth.  The whole session went by very quickly and then we did it with Ho shin sul.  It was awesome.  However, Andy watched us the whole time and found four items to correct.  Tough stuff since I'm so close to the testing, but they were pretty good to know.      

After those we ran through an In Neh session.  In Neh mean endurance.  For the test I have to do at least 120 punches in 30 seconds.  I've been averaging 120 so I would qualify, but I rather be safer with a high rate.  Today I got a 140!  I thought Bill wasn't watching the clock or something.  Thirty seconds was beginning to feel like a very long time.  Whoop!

We spent the rest of the class working on Bill's version of Ill soo sik.  He's working on Sam soo sik.  I would attack with three strikes and he back up doing various blocks followed by a kick.  Andy kept saying, "you'll get to do these soon...."  I can't wait!  

Notes

  • bend front knee deeper in prep for kick
  • chicken wing has three steps.  The first breaks the grip
  • double chop left is the lower one. Also cast the hands farther back
  • left hand scoop gets a hip prep and lift the hands farther up.
  • Knee in the guts before the twister.  How could I have forgotten that?

 

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...