Wednesday, March 23, 2022

29 days and trying to pay attention to that

I figured with all the effort yesterday that I'd be ready for a really decent night of sleep.  I got to sleep right away but ended up waking off and on throughout the night.  It always makes the night feel so long and not in a good way.  

It's nice to be back on the schedule though.  Wednesday is the start of my morning classes at the school, and I like the regularity it forces in my life.  All my friends know that I'm going to head out early (at social functions during the week) so I can get to bed early.  I love it.  I can get the coffee ready and set up my gi/dobok and put things in their place.  Sounds like an OCD dream!

When I do my warmup in the morning I like to run through my trouble spots. This morning I had a lot of problems remembering things.  I was concerned because I hadn't been practicing at home due to the work here.  However once we got going at class I when right through Ho Shin Sul and did fairly good with Ill Soo Sik.  I have to areas on the ISS that need work, but I got through both (with Bill) within 25 minutes.  A new record for me.  Whoop!

It's officially 29 days till the exam.  Eek! We received the official schedule for the event yesterday and I found out that the oral exam is on the Friday.  The day before the Shim Sa (the test).  I confirmed that this morning, so I was a bit confused.  I assumed they asked those questions after all the physical stuff to see how you'd do while you're wiped out.  I guess not!  

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...