Wednesday, March 09, 2022

Refinement

Andy and Colette were out this morning since she had to take him to surgery today.  He's getting a new knee which still boggles my mind.  I'm not sure what kind of pain management he has, but he's been bone on bone for a long time and still jumps around fairly well for seventy years old.

Mr. Moore is the most senior student of the class, so he led things even though he's not a Jo Kyo Nim (basic instructor), but it wasn't a big deal because we were doing partner drills.  With six of us in attendance we lined up with our normal training buddies and got cracking.

Bill and I got through the Ho Shin Sul fairly fast now that I have them down.  What a feeling of relief since it seems like the test is around the corner.  He practiced his level version, which is based on a sleeve grab.  Even with that confusion I didn't lose track.  Yeah!

We moved on to Ill Soo Sik (one step sparring) and managed to get about halfway before I had to go.  I'm still stumbling on some stance items.  On six, eleven and twelve I'm supposed to switch stances.  That confuses me still.  I've got forty days to refine that and other pieces.  

Tomorrow or Friday should be the closed book test.  I'm anxious to get that out of the way since it's something I need to refer back to keep fresh.  

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...