Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Sooo Tired

House deconstruction is hitting a fevered pitch.  I'm removing the old floor coverings from the upper floor in our home which desperately needed a refresh.  Tile, mortar, carpets, you name it and I've done the work pulling, scraping, and cutting to remove it.

My wife and I finally settled on a new flooring that's going into the halls, living room and the kitchen.  We've been moving along for the last couple of weeks getting it all taken out.  My wife got the opportunity to go over to Hawaii for a week, so the work was settling on me for the kitchen/dining room.  I have learned that contractors tend to add linoleum on top of old layers instead of pulling old stuff out.  It's simply faster which means less money to the owners.  I'm currently a week and half into the removal and it gets harder and harder.  The kitchen has a sandwich of three layers of linoleum and an 1/4 inch of plywood.  Saws and muscle work forever.  It's exhausting.  

Mixing this in with beatings is a bit of a challenge.  Relaxed practice isn't going on at the moment.  Whenever I have spare time, I'm working on the house and trying to squeeze in daily practice is relegated to class time and a bit here and there during off days.  Mostly I just want to sit down and sleep.  

As I get closer to the exam (which is now thirty days away!) I'd prefer to be working on Ill soo sik, but Colette wants me to be working on other things.  In the last week the focus has been on sparring.  I'm not saying that I don't need to refine it, but because it's such a small part of the exam I would think the focus would be less.  Still fun though.

Last night I got there early and helped out with the all-belt class. This can be exhausting because there are usually fifteen folks of all ages there. They are broken into groups and working on the appropriate forms or skills.  

After they left our Dan level class worked on new warmups and then sparring.  I like what they are saying, but my sparring partner is a ten-year-old who is as big as my leg.  I would aim a kick at him from fairly far away and he would dutifully dodge and come diagonally and punch at my midsection.  Then start giggling at the ridiculousness of it all.  Honestly, it was a lot of fun and fairly helpful for me to get moving in the right direction.  

Stolen from the webz.  Not that much of a difference, but close.


Another night of hard sleep, but never feels like enough.  


No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...