Friday, March 25, 2022

Teaching And Such

It's Friday!  The week has been long, and my practice seems fractured, but progressing as well as it can be.  The class focus hasn't always been where I want it, but it's good to keep moving and trying to draw what I can from the work at hand. Thankfully I'll get to work out with Bill tomorrow and see how things go.  I'd like to run through my test again and see how it goes.  

Today was fast again.  We started with add-on basics.  There was eight of us and one person at the end of the line picks a move, and for each iteration we add a new move from the next person in the line. At the end of eight additions, it can get quite complicated.  But it does warm me up!

Friday is traditionally forms day, as I'm starting to learn, so I wasn't caught off guard.  I got up astoundingly early and went through all my techniques because I hadn't remembered that Friday was forms.  Either way it was all good.

I ended up working with the Doctor and her daughter.  The daughter is a teen and has a tendency to wonder off when I get too boring.  I must be horrible because I only speak for like two minutes.  Hah!

---

I was notified that I need to take a picture for my files for the test.  They want you in a dobok top (in my case an old karate gi).  I had Mr. Moore take the photo.  I look like an unmade bed.  High-def isn't my friend.  

I was notified that I'm the only adult trying for my Cho Dan at the test.  The rest of the field are kids.  It's bound to look humorous, so Colette is hustling to find me a partner.  I hadn't realized that the kids only have to do odd techniques whereas I do both odd and even.  Hah, doesn't seem fair.  But they can't place me with them during the test because I'm way to bigl  Hopefully one of the other schools will help me out.


No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...