Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Monday Night Quarterback

Bill is out for a few days, so Colette was looking for help for the class before ours.  I normally show up to try to help, but the chaos of the class doesn't make for it easy for me to help so well.  Colette has goals for each group and I'm not always on the same page.  That happened a bit last night.  I was working with the white belts, and we were doing well I thought.  Between classes she told me not have them practice the first form.  They needed to be better at blocks.  Whoops!

The Dan class consisted of me and Jack, the ten-year-old candidate.  Me and him will be testing at the same time, but he gets an abbreviated test due to his age.  Lucky him.  It'll happen for his second degree as well.  Lucky boy.

Colette had a conflict, so Andy took over and Mr. Moore just hung out.  We ran through each of our forms three times in an attempt to sync our movements.  Jack moves a bit faster than me, so I had to hustle a bit.  But by the third run through of each we were mostly on the same page.

We'd started class by running through the basics.  This is usually abbreviated to conserve time, but since it was just us two Andy ran through the whole course.  That was nice and a great warm up.  I also wasn't completed exhausted.  Unlike the kicking drills which followed our forms.  I thought I did well, especially since Jack and me were moving quickly.  But by the time we stopped I was huffing pretty good and fairly soaked. It's nice to see that my cardio appropriate to the work seems to be good.  

We chatted a bit about the test and Jack attempted to do a break but the contraption that holds the board fell apart.  That was pretty awesome.  More than likely due to my bad attempts on Saturday.  Whoops. 

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...