Thursday, March 10, 2022

Box Checked

Today I got to take my closed book test.  It's one of the final preparatory pieces towards my midnight blue belt (aka black belt) exam.  From now on it's just working on techniques and so forth.  Slight relief, but Colette ran me through the wringer shortly after on one step sparring.  I was very challenged, and I kept making mistakes.

I got to class extremely early.  I woke up way early, signed into work and got caught up and then did my warmups and had some coffee on top of that.  I still got to the school earlier than Mr. Moore.  We all hung out until Colette came down.  She's a night person so she wasn't totally awake for us, but she did a great job of getting to work.  

I thought I wasn't going to do the test because Colette was going through the assignments, but I she asked me if I was ready and when I said yes, she set up a little desk and gave me a pen and test sheet.  Just one page and one side.  I finished in about fifteen minutes and got an 80% unofficially.  I missed some items for the belt meanings.  Phooey.  

Then it was on to Il Soo Sik and ran through it twice as the fellows ran through it with me.  I would stay in place and then had the four others go against me as quickly as they could.  As I mentioned before I was getting confused more often than not.  Shot my confidence down quite a bit, but I was pleased that I kept myself together and got through it.

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...