Friday, March 11, 2022

Leaders Down

On Wednesday, two days ago, Andy went in for knee replacement surgery.  He's still there due to diabetes complications.  I find it worrisome because I don't know if it's normal or not.  He's wife, Colette, is spending a lot of time there so she wasn't able to come down to class this morning.  There was a heart with a "Senior, please lead" on the message board, so Mr. Moore took over again.

Since I had arrived early again this morning, he and I had talked a bit. He's working on his Trainers certification and was sorting out warmups.  It was pretty good when we lined up.  He kept to simple mobility and worked the whole body.  For the basics he did the elementary ones so we could all do the same thing.  Very nice.  The rest of the class was forms.

At one point, one of the other students tapped my shoulder for assistance on one of the forms she was learning.  I'm always excited to do this kind of thing for an adult.  Helping and learning to help better.  

One of my worst problems is to try to fix everything at once.  There is definitely an art to when you should bring up the things to fix.  The doctor (my name for her) was working on nihanshi cho dan and I just had to show her the second half.  I managed to shut up about everything else other than the moves.  I was very proud of myself.  I realize that my rush to correct everything is just a way to show off about "how much I know".  Realizing that has helped me most of the time.  

Back to work with Bill tomorrow for our Saturday training session.

  


No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...