Thursday, March 24, 2022

Round Robin

We had a sudden drop in temperature last night which meant that I had to spend extra time scraping the windows before I could get out of the driveway.  I hate being off my schedule, but I still showed up early.  

Andy is no longer using his zimmer frame (walker) and is using a cane at the moment.  He still can't do much, so our new warmups were run by Bill.  It was just the basic Moo Do block/evade/move/punch.  

We went right into partner drills.  Because of the odd numbers I was partnered with the Doctor and Bill.  I was working on ho shin sul, bill was working on his version and the Doctor was working on the backend of the techniques.  Apparently lower belts work in reverse order?  Hard to tell.

It was fun to play teacher and Andy helped off and on.  The only part of note was that the Doctor is about a foot shorter than me so techniques where I have to get under the shu's arm are veeerrry difficult.  I'm so used to working with Bill (who is my height) that I'd forgotten I'd have to adjust so dramatically.  Plus, she has very flexible wrists so it's hard to know how much pressure to apply in the wrist locks.  

The class went so fast that it felt like we didn't get very far.  I only got through about ten techniques before I had to sprint out of there.  I was still late to my first meeting, eek.

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...