Friday, March 18, 2022

Teacher Lite

There wasn't a picture with a man and two women that didn't look way out of line.

I have mentioned in the past that teaching isn't necessarily the most enjoyable thing for me, but that's related working with children.  I try to be supportive and entertaining and that only works for so long.  I actually enjoying working with adults because you can usually make swift changes and it's mutually beneficial.

There are two red belts in class who are potentially getting ready for the big exam, but I didn't see them on the list for April.  I approached them after we warmed up a bit with some basics and were told by Andy (he's back!  And with a walker) that we were going to do some forms.  I asked if they'd like to work with me since we're doing all the same forms.  Just as I did that Andy says, "you read my mind".  I had a moment of panic realizing that I might have broken protocol.

He didn't seem to mind so we spent the day working through the three.  I was able to discuss the reasons to why the order of forms was the way it was (thanks Bill!) while Andy was nearby listening in.  So yeah!  He was very supportive.

---

Bill had called me last night with hopes that we could work on Ill soo sik today since I'm having some questions emerge, but Colette really wants to work on sparring instead.  I asked Bill if my sparring skills were bad, and he said I was fine.  Or, at least, it wasn't a big concern because it was such a small piece of the exam, and I was perfectly fine for that.  We had planned to ask to work on ISS instead of sparring.  When Andy showed up and made it a regular Friday our clever plan got sidelined.  

So, we made our normal plan to meet tomorrow (Saturday) so I can sort out my questions (One sorted today.  On ISS six the shu [attacker] has to switch to open stance), but Andy lets us know they've approached Nik to come and work on sparring.  Sigh.  I gather he's rather nervous about that and they want to address it.  I'm hoping that we don't have to focus on it too much and I can work on ISS.  

Knowing how things go, it'll probably get changed.  Hah.

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...