Wednesday, March 02, 2022

Progress On HSS

Stolen form the interwebz.  And it would be cool if we had a technique that started like this.


Will wonders never cease!  This morning I was able to make it through fourteen of fifteen Ho shin sul (HSS) techniques! As I've mentioned before HSS is considered self-defense. It's based around someone grabbing your wrists in every way possible and then you lock their wrists and respond with a strike. It's a big deal for me since I've been unable to get these down for many months.  I guess practicing them several times a day is finally starting to settle in my brain.

I think the success was due to the gaps in me and Bill's work.  He was working on his level of HSS so I had a moment to think in between and that was enough for me to be ready.  I was also well rested and clear-headed.  I just have to remember at test time.

Andy and Bill are rightly focused on technique, but I'm focused on what technique am I even doing!  It's coming together though and I'm feeling good for today.

Here's my mental cheat sheet:

  • Pancake
  • Chop
  • Legal
  • Baseball bat
  • elbow to elbow
  • Open book
  • Oreo
  • Aikido
  • Hop Skip
  • Sudo to Patch
  • Chicken Wing
  • Double chop
  • Figure 4
  • Oreo 2
  • Drop Pop Chicken wing
While typing these down I forgot one, but in a different place, hah!

We got a few Il soo sik (ISS) in before I left for work, and it's been a few weeks since I've worked on those.  I immediately got confused, but we got six out of the way.  Hopefully I'll get the rest worked on in the next few days.

Note: I turned in all my Dan test paperwork yesterday!  Whoop!

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...