Friday, March 04, 2022

Good Head Space



My ability to remember the Ho shin sul remained this morning.  I was pretty happy because last night I couldn't.  The more the day goes by, the more difficult it gets to remember. I'm pretty sure it's a head space issue where I can't shift gears quickly.

Class this morning was half of basics to warm up and then work on forms.  I ran through my three about six times each.  

I remember this place in my development in my other schools.  Just before testing (or presentation), I become slightly bored of doing something over and over again.  The gains have dropped almost to nothing, so I fight against boredom knowing that I need to keep up the practice.  Today I stopped for a second to watch the guys who are ahead of me by six months do one of the next forms.  The form they were practicing was more fluid and Tai Chi like.  No sweat development there.  

Amazingly I was well exercised by my repetitive work so when I had to go, I felt good about the day.  I like the feeling of being pushed or stretched physically to give me the sensation that I worked.  Intellectual challenge is good but leaves me feeling lacking.

As I was bowing out Andy said I looked ready to go.  That's a feel good for sure!  I know I'm janky in a few things, but that'll be refined in the next two months.      

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...