Thursday, April 07, 2022

Thirsty Thursday

I quit the booze on April 1st so I could be more focused on beatings.  Sometimes I just didn't feel like I could focus correctly.  Now I'm starting to realize it was probably the allergies that were killing me.  So it's like an April fool's joke on me, hah.  I was just going to dry out until the test was complete.  I'm noticing that I'm still the same no matter what though.  I'm still waking up and trying to wake up more in class.  Is there a gain for not drinking? Hard to quantify.  

My wife joined me to be supportive and just saw an article from the Lancet that not drinking is probably the best route of all for overall health.  So we thought this was pretty awesome.  Until last night.  We had a steak night, the first in months and both of us have a huge connection with a glass of red with with steaks.  I thought it would be nice to have a small glass, but in the end we didn't have any wine and I ended up waking up without at trace of disrupted sleep.  So yeah for us?

Back to class - Bill and I did the partner drills again.  I'm loving this to be honest, because I see it as such a area of needed focus.  I can practice all the moves at home ad nauseum, but without a partner I miss some subtle things.  So the more the merrier.  The only problem is that I miss out on practicing all the other bits and pieces.  That's what Saturday has become.  Run the test and see how things go. 

Bill up and volunteered to be my partner at the Shim sa, but Andy was noncommittal.  Apparently not knowing how things go is part of the test!  Hah, makes sense in the perverted martial arts sense.  The counts of days grows smaller!

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...