Friday, April 15, 2022

7 Days

This time next week I'll be getting fairly antsy about the evening.  I'm electing not to take the day off from work so I can occupy my mind with something else, but I'm going to try to take a half day.  I have to be at the convention center at 3:30, but I'll go early to walk around and get comfortable there.  The oral exam starts right away, but only lasts a half hour.  It'll be challenging because they don't have a format, so the questions can be all over the place.  You have to come with your A game brain.

The rest of the evening is all about seminars and meeting with the test proctor and so on.  I'm not sure what the seminars are about to be honest, but I'll get to meet everyone from around the region.  I've heard so many names for the last year so it'll be nice to make acquaintances and put names to faces.

The test is the first thing on Saturday morning and should finish up by noon.  My wife is going come and take video. Hopefully she can get some good snips here and there.

My proctor is my old instructor's (Keith) wife, Heather.  She's been signing in via Zoom in the morning, but as I was walking out early to get to work today she asked me to come over to the computer.  She asked if Jack was going to be my partner during the test.  I told her about Bill, but got to share a laugh about having Jack as my partner.  He's ten and is half my height.  We've done several things together and it leads to a lot of laughter on everyone's part.  Not particularly good for a serious exam though.  We'll still have to go over some details next weekend just to make sure everybody is on the same page.  

Today's class was add-on basics and forms.  The basics were grueling as none of them seemed to go with the one before.  In the end with did 9 different pieces.  What a mess.  

While we were doing forms Andy watched me and said quietly, "you're ready."  I thought that was very nice.  I feel ready, but I don't want to get cocky.  As I was leaving he asked me if I was nervous.  I said, "I'm fine now, but we'll see how it goes near the end of next week.  Hah!"

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...