Friday, April 08, 2022

Fast Friday

I'm at the two week mark before the Shim Sa (the belt test) and I'm feeling pretty good.  Mistakes continue to lessen at each practice so that makes me very happy.  I'm told to expect mistakes and just learn how to move on.  That takes a lot of stress out of the work.  

Today is form Friday, so we warmed up with a few basics and then moved on to forms.  It gets a bit boring repeating them, but easy to see errors and then on the next rotation, fix them.  So I walked out feeling pretty good on those.

Good news.  Bill was approved as my test partner.  Just no sweeping him.  He's seventy, so that's right out.  With him as my partner he'll just attack so it's one-sided (so we think). This makes the test go very fast, but it allows for some nice pacing on my part if needed.  I run the test straight through so I'm pretty wiped out.  Bill pointed out that I can probably go slower during partner based portions of the exam because we'll probably be waiting for the other candidates to catch up.  We shall see.

Tomorrow we'll practice at 7:30 am.  Our schedules are a little off due to booster shots for the both of us.

2 comments:

Colin Wee said...

Good luck! :-) Colin

Potatoe Fist said...

Thank you sir!

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...