Wednesday, April 27, 2022

New Stuff v.2

Excitement was in the air today.  I wasn't very awake, but I was stoked to get to class and see if I could remember the first form and maybe some basics.  No luck there because as soon as we bowed in it was time for partner drills.  

Ho shin sul is the Soo Bahk Do version of self-defense.  It's predicated on someone grabbing you and giving you a way to control the outcome.  Lots of wrist locks and such.  My exam had nineteen.  Now that I'm in the next group I only have ten to learn.  And this time they are based on sleeve grabs.  I don't see the immediate application, but I can see it's just a way to get us to think about various ways to deal with grabs anywhere.  

Today we went through the first four, but I'd pressed to remember anything beyond the first one.  They seemed to be expansions of our previous ones so that's pretty cool, but with the nuances I got lost fairly quickly.  Before I knew it, I was already past due to leave.  I barely made it on time to my first meeting of the day.  

Progress report - 

Four hand techniques

14 basics

1 form

- Actual knowledge - 5% of that.  hah.

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...