Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Let Him Hang For A Minute

I got into a class a few minutes early, but before I drove over, I took a look at my wife's video from the test.  I'm aware that we are our own worst critics and I'm usually objective, but this was the night where I was going to find out if I had a lot of corrections on the test or not and video showed me all my errors.  I walked in there dreading what they were going to say.  I was worried that I would have to do a complete do over in October.  

I stand to the side when I get there because they aren't going bow me in for the last five minutes.  Colette was lining everyone up and giving notes.  She was asking how folks liked the tournament and pointed out people that did very well.  She then says, "should we give Mr. Tater his list of corrections now?"

I turned bright red.  I think I could take a pretty large list, but why bring it up with the kids?  Ugh, so embarrassing.  She let that hang in the air for five seconds and looks at me and says, "none".

You could have knocked me down with a feather though.  I was positive that it was going to be a lot more than none.  Hah.

The Ee dan folks had to redo kicks.  Pretty good for all of us!  yeah!  I won't get my new belt for a month because they need to do all the certification printing first.  Then they assign us numbers and that goes off to the embroiderers.  So complicated!


No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...