Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Monday Night Shake Down

I read the book Angry White Pyjamas by Robert Twigger years ago.  It's filled with all kinds of training experience nuggets.  He points out that of that all of his teachers brought something to the table and all of them also bring something frustrating.  In his case Aikido training would contain lots of group patterns.  When everyone is in sync the whole process goes easy and with less effort.  He had one instructor that could break any pattern and make progress frustrating.

Andy has that tendency at times.  Colette will talk to the point where we get anxious to start and Andy will stop things to tell a story when it feels like we are getting going.  Last night was a bit of that, but it mostly due to the fact that it was just Mr. Moore and me.  After basics he would go back and forth between us and attack.  We did both ho shin sul and ill soo sik.  I think I made some errors, but I can't remember anything significant.  I would mess up when he stopped for any period of time.  Clearly I'm used to my schedule, hah.

The question of my partner is still in the air.  I suggested the guy from Camus, but Andy was saying that he's way too high of a rank.  He thought he might ask Bill!  That would be super awesome in my book, but Bill is a bit standoffish due lack of mask mandate.  It would still be cool though.

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...