Thursday, April 14, 2022

Speed Control

Speed Control , or wan gup in Korean, refers to your ability throw your punches and kicks in a controlled fashion.  But after my discussion with Bill the other day about pacing myself I wanted to make sure I timed my work better today.  

It was back to partner drills, but the more advanced students got to do knife attacks and defense.  That was okay for me because it was reminiscent of the stuff we used to do in TSD, but with a few new twists here and there.

Bill and I would work on a few of those and then go back to my stuff.  We hit Ill soo sik and got that done fast, but I made sure I took a few moments to breath in between each set.  It was probably my best attempt so far.  Only one minor bobble.

Then we worked on four more knife attacks.  So fun, I can't wait to work on that stuff again.  Then back to ho shin sul which had no problems.  I only had a few minutes left so I had Bill verbally test me on the basics.  I still make a few errors on these which bothers me.  Thankfully they'll say them twice at the test.  

Eight days to go!

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...