Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Modern Miracle

At first I thought I was going to have cancel the test and wait till October to try again.  Then by Monday morning I was thinking I could do a modified test based on what Andy suggested.  After last nights class I guess I'm just back to regular.  I have some lower back pain, but once we were warmed up I didn't feel a thing.  I was able to do the kick that knocked me flat with no problem.  I did have a few issues turning, but that might have been there before and Colette just caught it.  Or I was tentative about twisting.

The class was just me and Jack.  Colette asked if we wanted to do anything specific and ran us through a couple verbal tests.  We ran through pieces of the test and she took some time picking at small things, which is questionable a few days before the test.  But it was honestly good.  My eye gaze tends to point down so she videoed us and it was startling.  So that was a quick, easy change.  

Jack and I did the one - step sparring.  That was hilarious as you imagine.  Four foot Jack against six foot me.  We should have video of that.  I forgot that he only does one side of the one-steps.  That threw me off, but we got through it and finished up with In neh (endurance punching).  

Another class that went way too quick, but built up my confidence significantly.  

 

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...