Thursday, January 20, 2022

Cartilage Grinding



If I was still in the Thorn city, I would have said the title of the post was the name of my new death metal band; you probably never heard of them. That joke never gets old to me.

This was the second 7 am class for me.  I got up a bit early and found that I'd lost more weight than I anticipated.  I have a sweet spot at 185 (84 Kilos) but going down from there makes me look unhealthy, but it's nice at the same time because I can bend at the waste without having pants cut into me.  Hah. 

Since I did Il so sik yesterday it was ho shin sul today (wrist grabs, releases and locks).  I was pleasantly surprised that I can remember all my moves but can't remember the order.  After we completed a run through, I ran to the white board to write down notes to try to sort out some kind of order.  Nothing is sticking too well, but while on vacation maybe I can sort something out.  

I was partnered with Bill and Mr. A, the Russian.  Mr. A would do a technique on me, Bill would do one on Mr. A and then I would do one on Bill.  They were repeating their techniques since it was new to them.  They are both working on their second-degree requirements.  So, I was able get through all my moves with a prompt as too which one I was supposed to do next.

Mr. A is a diminutive man.  I think may be five feet tall and very fit.  He's also 70 something.  After a lifetime of physical work his wrists and hands are very strong.  A big piece of ho shin sul is that you bend the wrist of your opponent in various directions to encourage compliance.  His wrists are so strong that you cannot manually put them into position.  It takes absolutely proper technique to submit him.  While he was learning his new moves on me my thin wrists cracked and popped in a sickening way at the submission point.  Thankfully tapping out was expeditious on my part and no damage occurred.  The sounds were horrible though.  

The class went by very fast.  I realized too late that I was way past my departure time.  At ten to eight I sprinted out the door and got to my first meeting a little after eight.  Tomorrow I'll need to keep my eyes open to make sure that doesn't happen again.  That was noticed at work.  Whoops!

 

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...