Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Back To The Grind

It finally dawned upon me that I'm trying to remember too many things at once, so I'm trying my hardest to focus on a few things.  Physical practice seems to be nicely compartmentalized, so that leaves three areas: concepts, one step sparring and wrist locks.  

I decided on one-step sparring was the easiest to embrace at the moment.  There are eighteen sets of movements, but they are all mirrors.  This means that I do the movements to the left and then to the right.  That means that I really only need to know nine sets.  With that in mind I've set myself to the task to remember a little of these at a time.  

Here's what I've got so far:

  1. Start one - Sudo block ~ round house
  2. Start two - Inside block ~ side kick
  3. The standard - kick, block, punch, crescent kick
  4. Knee in the gut - crescent, side kick, face punch, yank to knee
  5. Twister - fake kick, twist protection, back kick, sudo, punch, chop to the cheek
  6. We three kicks - front kick, switch feet to roundhouse, spinning back kick, punch.  
That's all that's committed to memory.  I need to get those last three set to memory and then jump back to wrist locks.  

---
I had a run in with Covid on Saturday night!  I was the only guy with a mask on because I was worried about spreading anything from the morning training with all those people. The guy I was sitting next to all evening pinged me the next day and told me he got a positive and was definitely not feeling well.  

I tested and got a negative, but I wasn't sure about incubation times, so I skipped my Monday evening class.  So far, I'm doing good with no symptoms, but I was told incubation could be five days.  Both Keith and I wore masks this morning and no one else was there so hopefully I'm not causing problems.  

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...