Thursday, August 12, 2021

Getting Worse As I Get Better

At least I hope I'm getting better.  Today was forms after a bit of warmup.  I'd actually got there very early to really get my muscles warm.  Yesterdays class left me pretty sore so I was jogging around the room and doing basic forms as an attempt to get ready.  

Keith got there early as well and we got started with warm up drills.  Nice!  Anything helps.  Then it was off to forms.  

It was back to Nihanshi Cho Dan for a good half hour.  My practice hasn't been diligent enough because there wasn't one part that didn't get addressed. 

  • Maintaining the proper height throughout the whole form
  • Hips must move big all the time
  • Targeting on the low center.  
The more we worked the worse it got.  

Next we worked on Chil sung ee ro, the form I worked on for the video tournament.  I hadn't touched that in three weeks so it was a lot of work to relearn.  There was literally nothing that went untouched on that.  Correction on every move.  Holy cow, that was painful.  The Koreans don't have a word for Kime (foot lands as fist contacts), but for some reason I can't manage it all of sudden.  I was fairly good back in my Shudokan school, but I cannot find the timing all of sudden do to the chambering.  I'm sure it'll come, but it's embarrassing to me to have Keith remind me over and over again.  

Things to remember for Chil Sung:
  • contraction/relaxation. From the knee strike stay contracted for the punch (the Heisman stance)
  • Same as above with the Shin Chook in the thrust kicks.
  • Everything.  

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...