Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Another Day In The Trenches

This week Keith is out on vacation so Andy is taking over my training.  The first day of the week is basics so we went through as many blocks and strikes as we could manage.  I was focusing on language and hips and didn't receive too much correction.  I was also trying to remember where to chamber my hands. It feels like that each block and strike comes with a different location to start your hands.  I know that's not correct, but I think there is about four, but it's definitely not set in my head yet.  

After hands, we went on to feet.  I was kind of dreading this because my flexibility still fights getting my leg farther up and I still straighten my ground leg on kicks which ruins my balance.  That being said, I felt that the kicks were better than usual and even though my personal review was critical Andy also told me that I have shown improvement.  So I'll take a yeah today.  

When I got back home I try doing split stretches.  The thought being that it'll maybe help me get a bit farther in some of the kicks.  One side isn't bad, but the other fights me actively.  A lot of work to do there.



No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...