Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Partner Triangle

With my Mother-in-law in town and the summer finally arriving in the far North I can finally leave the house in just my Gi/Dobok.  That's a sure sign summer is here.  Unfortunately, we are doing a lot of activities, so beatings got put to the side on Monday.  It was also a holiday, so I erroneously thought we wouldn't have class.  Wrong.  

I find that one week off means that I can't remember crap.  Of course, I'm not practicing every day so it's not like I'm helping myself.  I usually wake up before the alarm and get warmed up at home.  Class has a tendency to jump into things, so I want a little time to get blood flowing.  It's then when I try to go through the basics at least.  I definitely don't have those down (memorized), but I could see if I practiced more, it'd be easier to bring up without a cheat sheet.  

Wednesday is partner day, so the warmup was probably a bit overkill, but at least I was awake.  Bill was working on a new form, but I not allowed to learn that one until I get my belt.  That's going to be a bit since the other folks in our cohort haven't completed their breaks yet.  I hadn't realized that we were all lumped together.  I assumed it was cho dan then ee dan, etc.  Nope.  Until the cool kids finish their double kicks nothing gets sent to headquarters.  Sigh.  

I got through the first four of the sleeve grabs before I had to go.  I was partnered with Mr. Moore and Ms. Chambers.  With three people of varying skills things slow way down.  Hah!  

Note to self:  Don't kick Mr. Moore in the head.  Hah!  

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...