Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Confusion With No Contusion

I'm getting up early because of the summer light which is slowly chewing away at the hours of sleep I'm getting.  My average is seven and half hours which is probably a lot for some, but I'm not quite clear as I'd like to be. It's not always restful sleep either.  I'd like to see more deep sleep, but four hours is about the best I can pull.  The rest tends to be more toss and turn.  

What does all that complaining mean?  My ability to focus is limited and retention is less.  But I'm getting exercise and possibly learning a bit.  

Today's example was when Bill and I were working on three step sparring.  I was trying to remember when I had worked on them last (no idea). And then while we were doing them, I realized I'd possibly never done them as the attacker.  I'd been the attacker for Bill while he worked on them for the last several months and it felt like I'd been the defender, but never did it.  Was today my first day as defender?  Things get muddy with the overlap.

Maybe a better night of sleep will fix that.  

I did ten box jumps this morning at mid-thigh height.  I tried a few kicks, but I'm not impressing myself at all.  

        

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...