Friday, June 10, 2022

Weekly Wrap Up

I don't know what it was, but today was full of Joy.  We started with basics and due to the level diversity of the group, Andy was trying to consolidate technique groups. He made it equally tough and confusing for everyone.  In my case one out of three techniques would end up incorrectly footed.  For whatever reason that made Andy laugh and it became infectious.  Everyone started giggling.  

Before class started, I worked on box jumps.  I wanted to get working on height.  The idea is that I need to work on my height and then add the double kick.  It feels good, but the kick looks crap from my perspective.  Definitely not above waist level.  So, I'll keep working on that.

Stolen from interwebz and not me.  

I asked Andy if he was aware of anyone executing this kick for their test who happened to be around my age group.  The answer - none.  I'll give it a year to see if this going to happen.  If it's not happening, I'll do the kick/punch breaks.  I hate embracing aging.

I have an old Karate gi that I wear during the morning classes.  This was my most expensive purchase for my martial arts to date.  Super heavy canvas.  It makes sounds every time you move.  Kicks and punches crack!  The only problem is that it's very heavy.  It's like ten pounds.  So jumping is very challenging.  Doing the same jumps later without the gi make me feel like I'm being shot into the air.   

Belt report - The last guy finally completed the jump kick breaks so we can all move forward with the belting process.  However, a new problem came up. We have our new numbers and certificates, but we can't have them until we get the belts in and embroidered. The problem is supply chain.  Apparently, martial art clothes and such are stuck overseas.  Of course.     


No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...