Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Pull-start Mower

It feels like a good day to type.  I missed Monday evening due to visitors, but back at it today.  Partner drills were on the schedule, so Bill and I got to it.  

We decided to work on Sam Soo Sik (three step sparring).  I can't think of much that I retained from last week, but after one example with me being the attacker I was relatively good to go.

The attacker does three straight punches with a step each time.  As the defender, we step back with a block in different patterns with each attacker punch.  On the third block we do some cool stuff usually followed by a kick or punch combo.

As I mentioned before there has been a greater focus on my basics, so the constant retooling effort slows down my new skills acquisition.  I'm not really complaining, just recognizing the change in class.  I'm glad for the attention, but four techniques took the whole class.  Sometimes that the way it goes.  

The big change today was the downward block we use start an exchange.  I'm supposed to act as if I'm starting a pull start mower.  So, the body is doing all the work and seemingly removing the arm strike/block.  I still have more to learn on this, but it changes my balance a bit.  

Made it through the first four, but I'm not sure of my retention.  We'll see how that goes next time.  


No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...