Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Basics Review

Friday Andy let me know that we would spend some extra attention on the more advanced basics.  We do basics off and on during the week to warm up and hit stuff that shows up in our forms more often now.  

One of the techniques, Hwak Kuk Jang Kap Kwon, isn't necessarily hard, but getting my feet and shoulders to work together is proving very difficult to me.


It's a weird technique in that the front is a punch and the rear swings around to clock anyone in your back 120 degrees. This is followed by your torso twisting while your feet are still planted.  I guess it would be a clean sweep of the area around you. And you can keep doing it across the floor, but that part stills confuses me.  I'll get there, but it's going to take a bit.

For the rest of the class, I worked on Jin Do.  I've adopted a slower learning curve with the new forms.  I'm used to the patterns that resemble he capital "I" or other standard formats, but Jindo doesn't feel that way at all.  No primary orientation and weighted towards one position over others.  

In other news, we got a new guy, Mr. Rome, who apparently got his Midnight Blue years ago and has taken a very extended break.  He's in the same boat/level as me so that's nice.  He could be another possible training partner.


No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...