Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Knives Out

 It's hard to predict how things are going to go in class.  Content by the day is pretty much dead on.  After that things can get a bit shaky depending on who's there. 

Today Bill and I got to partner which is pleasing because we are about the same height and weight.  It's a bonus for me because he's ahead of my by six months and can show me all kinds of stuff.  The downside is that we both forget all the things at the same time.  

Today was knife attacks and Bill had brought in his cheat sheet.  We had four of the five and and managed to mangle each one of the techniques some form or fashion.  Nothing to brag about. When we got introduced to number five both of us realized that neither of us had seen this one.  

The attacker is "gut the fish".  The knife is supposed to come up and hit gut and move upward.  We side step that arm make a "rainbow" with our other arm and the attackers are until we can get into position to lock the wrist and take away the knife.  We follow everything with a kick.  Weeee.  

We reviewed the other four with barely enough time for me to get out the door.  I might have mentioned that the school near by is started at that point and the traffic gets me in some trouble. I have to be at work by eight for my first meeting.  

Alas the city has decided to put in a traffic circle right in my driving route.  So I have to remember to get my act together before I leave so I won't get stuck.  Again.

Latest Belt News - I found out Monday night the hold up is one of our 2nd degree testees.  He needs to his double kick before we can get our belts.  Sigh.  Who knows how long that'll be.       

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...