Thursday, July 29, 2021

Sick Hands Bro 2

Well, my face is red.  I was so pleased with my memorization of terms from yesterday that when I walked into class this morning and started talking about Il Soo Sik I was crushed when I found that we were working Ho Shin Sool.  Hah!  Wrist escapes are Ho Shin Sool!!

Il Soo Sik mean Il (one) Soo (hand) Sik (techniques)or in English one step sparring.  Sigh.  That post title is hot fire and completely wrong.  

Andy SBN was my teacher again this morning and we went back to the wrist grabs at my request.  We had done six yesterday, but my notes weren't particularly helpful in remembering what to do.  

So we spent the whole class just working on number one (Il Bon).  My knee is pretty warmed up and stiff now that I'm sitting, but the moves might actually be sticking for once.   Andy and I talked at length while I sorted out the dynamics so the class was done in a moment.  

Notes on Il Bon:

  • Move to corner stance.  Right foot out.
  • Role right hand to palm up to break cross grab.
  • At the same time sudo to the neck with left hand.
  • Left hand chop comes with front stance to right.
  • Right hand palm to face in left front stance.
  • Left hand groin strike while in right front stance.  Ki-Hap.
  • Right chest hold in left front stance.  
The moving back in forth is done on the heels, which is new to me.  I can do this fairly well at a slower speed.  As I ramp up speed my stances look/feel shabby.  Andy tells me that I can keep to the lower speed because the testing board well be looking at technique.  Sounds good to me.  



No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...