Thursday, July 15, 2021

The Danger Of Speaking Too Soon

Yesterday was our video submission for the national and international tournament.  We spent the bulk of the class refining our moves on the forms.  I was working with Jokyo Nim Holman (JKN from now on).  He was submitting the same form so we just dug at it for the first 45 minutes.   

Mine wasn't perfect, but way better than last week.  I made one obvious error and I'm sure many things could be improved, but given my time with the form I was pretty please.  JKN Simonis was very complimentary in saying that I simply corrected my mistakes just being told once.  It must have been a good day for me.  Hah.

When we were lining up for the class to complete, Colette SBN mentioned testing.  I was partially tuning out because I was trying to remember Korean words.  We'd just been given eight on Monday and I was struggling as per usual.  My attention returned to her as she started talking about testing in the next class.  I realized she assumed that I'd be participating.  Wait, what?  Apparently, I'm going to get run through tests for each rank.  So this would be the equivalent of a white belt exam.  Unfortunately, I had already committed to work with my wife, so I had to offer an alternative.  

So today I get to test in the evening with a bunch of children.  This should be wildly hilarious.  Thankfully I'll get to wear a mask to reduce overall embarrassment.  Maybe nobody will recognize the fact that I'm six feet plus amongst people who are about three feet plus.  That's fine.  

I'll report in tomorrow about all this goes.

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...