Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Vague Memories

Good to be back in the saddle.  I got to class too early and probably should have stayed home warming up longer.  It wasn't that I was going to pull anything (since it was partner drilling), but I wasn't quite awake.  I'd woke at 5 and then fell back asleep and directly went to dreaming and then woke up asleep.  Blurrgh.

We had a full class!  Eight whole people!  This is the largest group I've seen in the morning before.  But I was mostly wondering how much I could remember.  I'd done some partner stuff before I left for vacation, but I couldn't recall anything, but vague memories of some of the moves.  

I was partnered with Bill again and we started our sleeve grabs.  Much like our wrist grabs, the moves are predicated on an attacker holding on to us so we can then so cool stuff to torture them.

We have four cross grab and four same side.  So it's not tons to remember, but they are different enough from the wrist grabs that we have to pay attention.  I don't have them remembered but I can do them in an unrefined manner.  

After grabs we went to knife work.  Due to time running out I only got to work on the first one; which is a forward stab.  There are four attacks and four defenses.  Not to exciting and I'm not to sure if I'd use any of it in the real world, but you never know.

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...