Friday, May 20, 2022

Formulaic

Awwww Yeaahhh! It's Friday and that means forms day.  It's been like three weeks since I've attempted any of the new forms.  I mean I only got introduced to Chil Sung Il Ro for a hot second before I left for vacation.  So, I remember zilch.

We started class with basics which I was kinda of stoked about.  I've been practicing them in the morning as an early warm up.  But I have questions about a few of them due to some odd placements of techniques.  Andy answered those before class, but we'd have to see how it all goes.

We got through about eight of the basics before he called a stop so we could move to forms. Since Bill took the day off, I ended up working with Amigud.  He's been working on the forms since October, so he started me off on Chil sung. We went through it as many times as I could before I had to take off for work.  The pattern is the stand capital "I" type of form.  Of course, it's way more complicated though.  It uses a lot of those Chinese based moves which slow things down periodically.  I'll have to get some video of the progress.  Right now, I can't get through the whole thing by myself.       

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...