Thursday, February 17, 2022

After Three Weeks Of Vacation

stolen from internet


Three weeks of vacation.  I went with a target to have my Il soo sik memorized and the same with my Ho shin sul.  ISS is good, but not smooth and I have the first nine of HSS down, but everything else is dicey.  

We got back from the East coast in the late afternoon with the pall of jet lag and basic exhaustion hanging over us.  The girls that take care of our cats did a good job with them, but a few things escaped their stewardship.  One of the bedroom doors was open and the cats decided that was a better place to use the bathroom than their regular sandbox.  While we unpacked, we had to lean into a pretty significant cleaning effort.  I won't go into to graphic details, but we are two days into washing.  

It hit nine pm that night and we could barely keep awake.  My wife noticed that one of the cats was in a piece of luggage and I jumped up to get him out of that so he wouldn't use it as a third bathroom.  I sprinted around the bed and my front foot found our fancy new flooring which apparently emulates a frictionless surface.  That foot shot into the air, and I slammed into the floor with full force.  I was in so much pain that I couldn't move for a second.  Let's just say that I didn't slap, or I fell poorly.  At least the cat didn't pee in the luggage.

I was stiff and bruised in the morning, but back at work and the regular schedule was nice to embrace.  Today I was up at the crack of dawn and went to class after testing negative.  Have we finally got to the start of normal?  I can't wait to go to class without a mask again.  

I'd contacted Bill last night and he gave me a heads up about the test of the week.  We needed to know the first four concepts in English and Korean.  First thing after bow in is Andy hitting me up for just that info.  Whoop!  I didn't look like a total trainwreck thankfully.

We spend the rest of the class working on ISS and I wasn't horrible, needing a few fixes here and there, but it was just so nice to be working again.  Tomorrow is forms!



No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...