Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Tenderfoot

Our school got shut down for two weeks due to a Covid outbreak.  Four kids and two adults.  Today was my first day back and I had hoped for a better practice regimen during the off time, but it was about every two days on average.  Good enough that I didn't look like a complete nincompoop, but it could have been better I think.  

Andy is running the classes this week.  He just got back from an eight day test for his 6th degree belt.  It sounded grueling.  7 am to 11 pm for eight days straight.  The cool thing was that Hwang Jang Nim was there and oversees most of the review.  Forty people were testing for high ranks.  One was going for their eight degree.  Impressive.  Andy and Colette won't know about the results for six months.  Huh.

My practice space is in our downstairs family room, which as carpet.  So my practice area is a bit nicer on the feet.  Going back today, and on the hardwood, has left my feet fairly tender.  Ouch.  

I did get a nice compliment from Andy.  He said, "the basics are looking better".  I'll take that!




No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...