Thursday, November 18, 2021

Eleven Wrists

After the vigorousness of the day yesterday, Andy moved to something a little less strenuous to start us off.  Wrist locks!  Hin So Shul for the rest of us.  I have eleven learned, but unable to recall fully them. In my case Andy goes first and I can do them with less and less prompting, but can't start them by myself.  

Me and Andy were talking about testing in April after I asked if I would get partnered with a more advanced student as a standard.  I was thinking I could handle it if the other guy went first.  No such luck.  You can never tell who your partner might be.  So I have to learn these inside and out.  

As we got further through the techniques Andy said that speed isn't the essence in the exam.  Showing the technique is what is important.  That helps me slow my horses down.  

My recollection, even after two weeks off, wasn't horrible.  Out of the eleven that I know, I think there was about two that needed a complete relearn. Generally, shown once I could reproduce things fairly well.  I'm trying to give them nicknames so I can remember the first move.  That usually helps me to a degree.  

---

As we talked about testing, Andy bought up the April session.  I thought I was going to be in the October group.  I missed the pretest this last testing and thought that had something to do with to process, but Andy went saying that he was going to rely on Keith's report in the next couple of months.  Eek!  




No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...