Wednesday, June 02, 2021

SBD Update

I'm on my third SBD (Soo Bahk Do) class and it's starting to feel like I need to pay.  It's fantastically inexpensive and I can go every day of the week, twice a day if I wanted. The first month is free, but I can't imagine I'd be going anywhere else.  

There is such a pervasive feeling of being home. So much of the class is so reminiscent of my old TSD (Tang Soo Do) school.  Every wrist twist is trip down memory lane.  

I ended up working on Self-Defense stuff (Ho Sin Sool) with a guy who is probably in high school.  Since we all call each other Mr. and Sir.  I couldn't stop giggling.  Not super professional on my part, but I'm having such a good time.  

We were working through wrist locks and grabs which were following by a strike of some sort.  In my case we had a kick in one and the young Mr. planted a kick right in my face.  I could not stop laughing.  I can't believe the joy it bought me.  I thought to myself, "I'm back baby"!  

Anyway, I need to consider the early class since it would less disruptive to my work day.  

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...