Monday, October 02, 2006

Interlude

I'm fighting the flu at the moment, but I thought I'd put this up because although I'm not given to prayer this does seem divinely inspired. I was at the races and ran into Nutbag and he told me that he was going to have to miss MA for awhile. He got a job in the evenings that is at the same time as our classes.

This left me feeling odd. Because I naturally got frustrated with him in class I assumed I was working through a conflict and how to manage it appropriately. Now it's been taken away from me before I figured out the lesson. I'm complaining when he's there and now when he's not!

2 comments:

Patrick Parker said...

Now that's an interesting observation. What you're really talking about here is a cool application of kuzushi - offbalance. Nutbag gave you a problem to solve, which you became fixated on and began putting energy into. When Nutbag and his problem disapeared - you felt offbalance.

Offbalance is not bad - ukemi is not bad - just another kind of lesson for you to learn. You've just had a cool lesson from Nutbag on aikido.

Potatoe Fist said...

Very interesting. I was just considering the Daoist implications and didn't realize that it could have a corresponding martial one. Nice!

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...