Thursday, April 05, 2012

Back In The Saddle – Mildly Thrown

I’ve been out sick for the last week and half so I was a bit nervous about class, but once we got going things were pretty good. 

Teacher had told me about a drill they did while I was out, so he repeated it for me.  Four people with focus mitts surround a guy in the middle and Teacher calls out hands or feet and basically you go to town with your techniques.  I was having a grand old time with jumping high kicks when my toenail got peeled back.  Barf! 

Really it’s only a little bleeding, but there was also a split in the nail too.  Thankfully, there is the miracle of superglue to tie that back together.

Teacher somehow separated his rib from his spine during the last couple of weeks.  He’s in a lot of pain so there is lots of talking, but not much moving for him.

Poor Dave.  It sounds like his marriage is suffering.  That means that he is taking it out on the pads – boom!

Beard comes in at half time so my job has been to catch him up on what we learned and show him really quick.  He’s a black belt in Judo so I don’t have to show him much before he’s ready to go with technique, but he is great to work on with lot’s of stuff because while we mull over some esoteric point Teacher will come up and fine tune us.  I just realized last night that I’m getting super concentrated awesome lessons.  I’ve got to remember this.  Although I will admit that I feel like a dork a lot of the time, because they both do things with ease and have to talk slow for me in order to get the technique – hurr derr.

No comments:

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...