Monday, April 09, 2007

Fog Of Weekend

I left beatings early to catch a plan to the city. I know I had something interesting to talk about, but I'm so tired right now I can't remember what it was.

I think Nilon and I were trying sticky hands. I saw a video on another blog by some fellow that was a definite expert. So we tried this and there some moments of synchony but not much beyond that. I helped with the kids class. This does nothing good for my blood pressure.

Uninspired on a Monday morning. I feel like I was gone for a year.

Went to a bar on Saturday night with a friends and his friends. Missed two fights right next to me. So much for me situational awareness. No kung-fu skills here.

3 comments:

Lizzie Woolley said...

Were you doing kakie for sticky hands? I haven't done kakie very much. I did it more in my old dojo than in my new one. I've only did it once in my new dojo.

Potatoe Fist said...

We don't use the term Kakie, but that's exactly what it is. I'd probably do alot better if we did it slower with my eyes closed. I get lost thinking about what to do next and end up with rising elbow to the cheek.

Lizzie Woolley said...

Ya, you don't want to raise an elbow when doing Kakie. One thing about kakie, one can have their eyes closed and still know where their opponent is at, at all times. That would be a good training exercise to practice feeling intead of seeing.

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...