Wednesday, February 29, 2012

An Evening Of Light Choking

Synopsis – We got a new guy and his son, and then we choked each other for an hour.

My heel appears to be doing okay, but I was a bit nervous about class and it turned out to be fine.  Whatever we do there is like Physiotherapy.  My symptoms were completely gone by the time I got home.  Only a little infirmity when I woke up so I skipped the jump-roping (see what I did there?).

I led a really long warm up for some reason unknown to me, but I definitely felt better about it as we got to kicking and punching.  Unfortunately I was wheezing horribly after a long run of side kicks.  Teacher asked me if I need a Lipitor – smartass.

Our main move for the evening was doing the “wax on” hand movement to defeat two straight punches and then move into a choke with leading pressure on the brachial nerve.  Short story – my neck was beet red by the end of the night. 
---
Trucker is struggling to get through his Katas/hyungs and has asked me to record a few and throw them up on the web.  Stay tuned for that horror.

Speaking of katas – I think I’ve got Jin Do finally complete!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! "We choked each other for an hour." During a univ. lecture I once announced to the class "When I was in prison..."

The looks of shock were priceless. Then I said: "I worked there."

:-)

Potatoe Fist said...

That is priceless. I've got to figure out how to work that into a conversation, but no one would believe me once I said that I worked there!

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...