Rose City Digest - Shotokan 2

I was barely able to contain myself this afternoon.  I mean I was at borderline stroke level blood pressure by the time I got to the dojo (by that I mean the rented room the class is held at).  I haven't been to beatings in over a year and my modest practice in the morning and general lack of exercise made for a very nervous entree into the class.  

I thought I had made a nice selection in that the warm up for the class was incredibly minimal, but the second Sensei ran the class tonight and I was in for a modest surprise.  

"50 jumping jacks", she said.  Followed by "50 squats".  

I realized I might be in for some problems.  I didn't quite start huffing and puffing, but the stretching afterwords was difficult.  I can't imagine how I'm going to feel tomorrow.  

The thread of class was working on Kata.  I was partnered with a 8th grader who walked me through Wando (?).  I was able to learn a small portion of it before we ran out of time.  Just moving was nice, but I experienced a modest amount of sadness thinking of all the time I spent learning all the hyung in my last school.

I texted my old teacher and said I was extremely nervous.  His advice, "pretend you don't know anything,  you should be good at that."  Ass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gesundheit!

Just Some More Work

Keeping it 100