Monday, September 28, 2009

Lessons

I’m very behind in writing because life is complicated, but I just wanted to jot down a few notes about my last class.  I talked with Teacher about doing a section in class as he had suggested.  I picked side-kicks and told him what I’d be doing.  I took up a majority of the 2nd hour, but it felt like a longer time.  It’s tiring to do all the thinking as well as the work.

The lesson:
- side kicks
- side kick with step behind
- water dummy practice
- partner drills

The first three were pretty good, but the partner drills were pretty crappy.  We really needed folks of similar height and flexibility to start off, but it didn’t go that way.   Short, tall, flexible, not – argh!

4 comments:

BSM said...

Hah! I remember mapping out all these elaborate lesson plans for TKD. Problem is I never accounted for how hard it can be to actually teach this stuff! I was lucky if I could cover one or two new techniques with time to actually have the class try them!

Potatoe Fist said...

Hell I thought that was tough. I can't imagine teaching stuff like wrist locks in a consistent manner. Oh the pain!

Potatoe Fist said...

Hell I thought that was tough. I can't imagine teaching stuff like wrist locks in a consistent manner. Oh the pain!

Colin Wee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...