Thursday, March 01, 2007

Dream Fight

When I first started beatings Teacher Slim told me that when I have a fight in my dreams and win that I'd be on my way to really absorbing the material. Here I am years later and the dreams I have that relate to fighting haven't left me feeling good about my mad skills. Usually I fight and never seem to get that finishing move in.

So last night I have a fight dream. I have to subdue a woman taller than me who appears quite substantial. We are located between benches (church pews?) I'm doing fairly well (she seems disturbed) but I can't quite clench the deal. I change tactics and dive between her legs and kick up with my feet to knock her over. I fold her up elaborately and then I guy comes up and shoots her. Messy.

As I stared in shock I mentally slapped myself on the forehead thinking how I could have really attacked her legs and knees with kicks...

4 comments:

Miss Chris said...

Even though it was a dream...I'll bet it felt good!

Potatoe Fist said...

I realize one compenent of the dream is to experience my days worth of content in some fashion. To me this meant that I was in a conflict and ended up doing well by reevaluating the situation and reattacking it. I can't think what it was, but I'd like to think MA is a reflection of our life altogether.

Patrick Parker said...

You know how all the old dead martial arts masters claimed to have some patron god or something come to them in a vision - well, my patron saint of aiki visited me in a dream one time - Salma Hayek

http://images.google.com/images?q=salma+hayek

Who would have thought she would have been the one to come teach me aikido in my dreams...

;-)

Potatoe Fist said...

I too have a fondness for Salma, but must only be your dream master. I need to get one of those.

Your Clothes, Book Cast With 100%

  At 6:05am I looked at my phone quizzically while trying to wake up.  My SaBomNim (master teacher), who is legally blind, sent me the messa...